St Marys RC Primary School-North Kensington,W10

St Mary's is a busy, multicultural school which has served the local community for over one hundred years. The school has a long history and tradition of ‘community’ – centered around the church, the sisters of Mercy and the school.

Our mission statement is ‘Learning together in Faith and Love’, and this is central to all that we do.

The aim is for their children to leave St. Mary’s full of hope and optimism for the future – their future – with the skills necessary to live, to work and to be happy and responsible citizens of tomorrow.

This school was built in 1892 in response to a request by Cardinal Manning to establish a school for the children of Kensal New Town. The first phase was begun in 1892 and at that time provided education for children from 5 - 18 years.
In 1895 the Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy were invited to work in the school. Sisters from the order continued to work in and develop this excellent school for the next 100 years.
In 1958 the school was re-organised into separate Infant and junior schools and in 1976 a separate nursery was built.
The school has gone through various phases of re-organisation and in September 1995 the Infant and Junior schools were amalgamated to form an all through Primary School.
We are now a Roman Catholic Primary School in the Archdiocese of Westminster, situated in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.