CT Sportsmen, Online Trading Post

Please Read! This is a FB page ONLY, No stores are associated with this page.

Members - Please add friends that you think may be interested in bartering and that live in CT. This page is only useful if we continue to grow!

This is a closed page for CT sports enthusiast to post items they would like to barter, or partially barter for other items! Hunting, firearms, hiking, fishing and boating and any other outdoor activity is the target demographic for this page. Having said that, you may post ANY item for barter, posting items to this group is NOT limited to sports equipment. Farming equipment, shiny trinkets, whatever you have this is the place to put them up for trade as well.

BARTER is the key word here. If you post it here, you are to expect trade offers and not just cash, though posting a cash value is fine.

Please have an approximate cash value in mind for items you post if at all possible. Asking people to shoot you an offer is allowed here, but know that it is very discouraging and turns a lot of people off to trades. Knowing what you value your items at is a great place to start.

This page is NOT for businesses to post. For now we will honor SBF (Small business Fridays) as long as business post no more than ONE add per Friday. Members or businesses that do not honor this will have the add and membership deleted.

The posting of any illegal items for trade or barter or the urging of anyone to break any laws will not be tolerated on this page.

Private Sales of firearms info can be found here: http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494616

A DPS-67-C and a DPS-3-C (4 copies) must be completed. The seller of the handgun must contact the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit at (860) 685-8400, or 1-(888) 335-8438 and obtain an authorization number for that sale. This number is to be added to both forms. The DPS-67-C is to be retained by the seller for 20 years. The seller should retain the original copy of the DPS-3 for their records, give one copy to the purchaser as a receipt, submit one copy to the local police authority where the purchaser resides and submit a final copy to the Commissioner of Public Safety.